Here are some examples of “repeat after me” wedding vows that I put together for my couples. While a few are obviously “traditional,” most are original vows you cannot find elsewhere.
21. I take you as my lawfully wedded wife/husband to have and to hold from this day forward. for better and for worse, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, and to love, honor, and cherish all the days of my life.
22. I appreciate all the ways that make you unique — the way you sing and smile, your sense of humor, the nice things you do for others, dedication to family, and your willingness to stand up for injustice. I am also grateful for your gentleness, forgiving nature, patience with me, the warm, protective circle you form around me, and your illogical willingness to indulge my whims and take care of me. You inspire me to become a better person. I hope that I can live up to your expectations. I will try to be more flexible, empathetic, sensitive, compassionate, comforting, affectionate, and generous. No matter what may come, I will offer you unconditionally my love, care, and devotion.
23. This ring is a simple token. But it as strong as my love for you. Its circle is as endless as my love for you. As adventures come our way, should you lose it, never fear. I will always provide another one. You are my greatest treasure, my love, my hope, my most cherished one, and I will always look out for you. Please accept this ring as a sign of my devotion. May it constantly encircle your finger just as you encircle my heart with warmth, and as my love will always surround you.
24. I take you as my wife/ husband. I will respect and listen to you, comfort and help you, and grow with you through happiness and hardships each day of my life.
25. I take you to be my lawfully wedded spouse to love, admire, and comfort from this day forward in hardship or abundance and frailty or strength. All I have I share with you as long as time is ours. I offer you the adventurous fun of friendship. And I give you the patient care of love. I promise to work to increase your happiness. And I promise to work to decrease your burdens. I cherish what I know and do not yet know about you. Please wear this ring everyday to remember our love. With this ring, I join with you into our own cycle of life.
26. I promise to be unto thee a loving and faithful spouse. In token of our abiding love, with this ring I thee wed, and thereto pledge all I am, all I have, and all I will ever be with constant faith, affection, and kindness.
27. Yo te tomo para ser mi esposa(o) para tener y sostener, para bien o para mal, en riqueza o pobreza, en salud o enfermedad, y para amar y respetar todos los dias de mi vida.
28. Yo te entrego este anillo como un simbolo de nuestro matrimonio. Todo lo que soy te lo entrego. Y todo lo que tengo lo comparto contigo.
29. I promise to be your loving husband/wife. I will comfort and help you, stimulate your imagination, learn more about you and the world, share your joy and sorrow, respect all your ways, be your confidant and ally, and give you the best of myself all the days of my life.
30. Luck brought us together, but memories, trust, and love will hold us together. I will work to provide a safe and affectionate home in which I will value all you do and say. I will hold onto a healthy sense of humor. I will strive to be open, patient, and kind. Please accept me in marriage whether times be good or bad. As the circle in this ring has neither a beginning nor end, so will my loyal, loving care remain constant. In token of the vow between us made, I give you this ring. We belong together, and I am yours in marriage.
31. I love you. May our rings remind us of these vows daily: I will try to watch my tongue, listen with genuine interest, think compassionately, touch with sensitivity, accomplish at least half the work I promise to do, and play fairly.
32. N., in accordance with the intent of God, and the advice of sages and scripture, I promise be your loving and faithful husband/wife unconditionally. I will listen to you and share your laughter and tears. I will be tender-hearted, kind, and wise in my daily comfort of you. I will cherish you in good and hard times. I will forgive with grace and seek forgiveneness for my faults. I love you, and I choose you above all others: I pledge to undertake to care for you in mind, body, and spirit now and every future day we share together.
33. N., I take you to be my wife/husband; and I promise to be onto you a loving and faithful husband/wife. I commit to you in fidelity and loyalty; I will keep you in health or sickness and prosperity and adversity and in any condition it please God that you may have. Nor for worse or for better will I change towards you until the end.
34. With this ring I thee wed; with great affection, I thee honor; with all of myself; I thee endow; in loving loyalty and constant faith (so help me God).
35. I, N., take thee, N., to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God’s holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith. In token and pledge of our constant faith and abiding love, with this ring I thee wed, in the spirit of divine love. Amen.
36. For some time now, I have waited for this moment. I cannot imagine my life without you. When I hope, I hope for strength to become a better person to make your life happier and more fulfilled. We know each other very well, and I trust future adventures will only bring us closer. Today, I promise before this witnesses (our family and friends) to build bright tomorrows with you. I will help you when you need my help, listen to your stories, care gently for the unspoken needs of your heart, and remain faithful and loving as long as we both shall live.
37. With this ring, I marry you, as a sign of my continuous love, commitment, and affection. I will be a loving and faithful partner “come rapture or ruin.”
38. N., I choose you above all others to be my wife/husband. Through the best and worst of times, I will be your constant friend, grieve when you feel pain, increase your laughter with my own, advocate your interests, honor your freedom to explore, try to understand you even when I disagree, strive to mend any friction, and, above all, love you with all of myself.
39. Our rings are distinctively separate. With this ring, I promise never to constrain you, but offer you the sweetness of liberty to be yourself. I give you this gift as a sign of my promise to encourage you to engage with the world freely and independently. I promise to care for you with pride and never permit our bond to become fragile. My love is as endless as the circle expressed in this ring, and as strong as the materials binding it together. As we grow more attuned and traverse barriers, I trust our union will yield long-lasting security.
40. N, everywhere in nature are circles. The Planets. The Sun. Moon. Tree Trunks. Bubbles. The seasons unfold in cycles. Even our eyes, heads, and hearts are circular. And our lips become round as they kiss. These, and many more, symbolize my promise to uphold the power of our love to renew and refresh us all the days of our lives.
41. N., we will not always be together with our hands united or even minds and hearts attuned. Please take this ring as an outward sign of the inward bond uniting us in a loyal, life-long partnership. The circle expressed in this band is a geometrically graceful artifact of the way love will often pull us into a cycle without a clear destination. Today I promise to help empower you so you may cope with the unanticipated course of life. This ring is a sign of our committed love in marriage. May it wrap around your finger just as my love will encircle you always with natural warmth. May it be the visible sign of our eternal connection to show the world.
42. I give myself and receive you in marriage and bestow upon you all the blessings I can give.
43. Please accept this ring as a symbol of my continued devotion. I loved you yesterday, but I love you even more today, and I know this love will only increase. With you by my side, I want to awaken to every morning, and each day fills with beautiful promise. The family we create together is the greatest gift I will ever receive. Many future adventures stand in front of us. No matter what we find, I will always be there for you. With this ring, I give you all I am, have, and will become.
44. It seems like only yesterday that we first met. Since then, problems and accomplishments have only deepened my love for you. I recognize that sometimes I take advantage of you; sometimes I do not listen closely enough. But I can honestly say that I love you on the amazing and not-so-fun days. Please take this ring as a sign of my promise to be your confidant and greatest fan alway. From this day onwards, I will strive to be more supportive and caring.
45. I give you this ring as a sign of our unity as a family. It reflects how our lives intertwine in one unbroken circle. I know we may face troubles, but we are stronger together than apart. Wherever we may go, we will always return to our togetherness.
46. Please wear this ring in token and pledge of our love.
47. I give you this ring as my first gift to you as my wife/husband/partner-in-life. Please wear it in remembrance of our vows.
48. With this ring I thee wed. (or With this ring, I marry you.)
49. N, you are my closest friend. I want to grow old with you, raise children with you, and share life’s good and hard times with you. I promise to respect and cherish you for all of my life. With this ring, I marry you.
50. Even when we are old and grey, I only want to come home to you. Please marry me.